Pages

16 August 2011

Getting back to me...

For the first seven months of this year, my husband and I shared the day-to-day care for Momma S while his brother took over at night.  All of our planning was around making sure she was taken care of, meals were planned and prepared, etc.  At the end of the day we were exhausted.  As a result, we pretty much did not take care of ourselves like we should have been taking care of ourselves and each other.

This week we are feeling more like ourselves and we're slowing getting back to "normal."  And, we've started going to the park after I'm finished with my work (I work from home).  Our county has some of the best parks - actually awarded best in the USA a couple of years ago by Sports Illustrated.  Last night, we did the 3.1 mile loop at Tribble Mill Park.  Tonight we did the 3.25 mile down and back at Harbins Park.  It wore me out.  My knee hurts, my shins ache, my thighs are sore, my tush is sore...BUT I FEEL GREAT!  Is that strange?  I don't think so.  Getting out there has been fabulous for my mental well being and over time it will be just as fabulous for my physical well being.

Please pray for us as we continue to heal from losing Momma S.  She would want us to take care of ourselves and get some good exercise.

Have a blessed, beautiful day!  Fall is on the horizon.  I hope you are feeling it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment